The ML4035 is a state of the art TDR/TDT and at the same time a Digital Sampling Oscilloscope. The DSO automatically performs accurate eye diagram analysis at 35 GHz to characterize the quality of transmitters and receivers, implementing a statistical under-sampling technique with comprehensive software libraries used for eye measurements, jitter analysis and processing of NRZ/PAM4 data. The truedifferential TDR/TDT is used to determine the impedance profile, reflection and transmission losses of components on 4 channels simultaneously. It is designed for characterization as well as manufacturing. The 4 differential PPG ports can generate pulse patterns at 53 Gpbs NRZ, thus enabling Sdd21 measurements beyond 35 GHz.
The ML4035 can be configured to measure TDR with a range of 10 meters. It has a pulse rise time of 12ps that allows to resolve impedance discontinuities as close as 1.5mm apart. The dynamic range is 60dB.
▪ High Resolution TDR/TDT measurements
▪ Low cost quadruple 35 GHz Time Domain Reflectometry / Transmission optimized for high speed tests and measurements
▪ Impedance Profile Measurement
▪ Determination of the magnitude and polarity of any back reflected signal
▪ 4 ports per module expandable up to 32 and more
▪ 4×35 GHz analog bandwidth
▪ Low power dissipation
▪ Sample aperture jitter below 60 fs
▪ Return loss
▪ Insertion loss
▪ Accurate multiport S-parameters
▪ Low cost quadruple 35 GHz Digital Sampling Scope optimized for high speed data analysis
▪ High Fidelity Signal Capture
▪ CDR up to 30 Gbps
▪ Low intrinsic Jitter
▪ Control of multiple modules enabled through Fast Ethernet.
▪ User friendly GUI, high throughput APIs and libraries. The software supports both Linux and Windows.
▪ Supports external API calls from other software e.g. LabView.
▪ Repeatable performance and traceable to standards
▪ Single ended and differential electrical inputs for each of the four channels
▪ Color graded persistence in eye and pattern capture modes
▪ Ability to analyze and load captured data into the simulator
▪ Capability to save statistical measurement and data files for multiple DSOs
▪ Full eye measurements can be attained in the tens of milliseconds
Pulse Pattern Generator
▪ Data Rates in NRZ mode 22 – 29.6 Gbps and 44 – 54 Gbps
▪ Ability to tune the bit rate in steps of 100 kbps and find the RX PLL locking margin. Data rates in PAM4 mode 22 – 29.6 GBd and 50 – 54 GBd
▪ High frequency clock out > 2.4 GHz
▪ Independent control of inner eye levels
▪ Up to 0.8 Vppd output swing
▪ Supports Gray coding and polarity inversion
▪ Available patterns are: PRBS 7/9/11/13/15/16/23/31/58 and their inverses ,PRBS13Q, PRBS31Q, SSPRQ and SSPR ,Square wave, JP03A/B, CID JTOL pattern
▪ Error injection
▪ 3-tap FIR Pre- and Post-emphasis 6dB
▪ Adaptive DFE and FFE with reflection canceller and MLSD.
▪ SNR monitoring over time.
▪ PAM histogram monitor.
▪ PAM slicer threshold adjustable.
▪ Error-detection on following patterns: PRBS 7/9/11/13/15/16/23/31 , PRBS13Q and PRBS31Q
▪ Automatic pattern detection.
▪ LOS indicators